I wrote a blog post at the same time last year, looking back at 2010 and wondered how 2011 was ever going to match up. But you know what? I think it has!
Those of you who work for yourself will know that it’s sometimes it’s tricky to push yourself forwards without a manager breathing down your neck. Although it sounds a bit odd, this blog is my virtual manager. It keeps me motivated as I know I need to constantly be thinking of new ideas for my business, and consistently producing great images because I’m going to be sharing them with everyone on here! It’s only when I look back through all of my blog posts from the year, that I realise how much I’ve done. Here are some of my highlights from 2011, some business, some personal…..
- The launch of my headshot sessions in Jan & Feb. I met so many wonderful business mums and built some great relationships just through doing this special offer. It’s amazing to see where something simple can take you!
- My big boy turned 3 in February and I did a special dinosaur-themed shoot with him to mark the occasion
- I ran my first ‘Photography for Parents’ workshop in February, and then went on to run 4 more throughout the year
- I wrote a personal post about how I needed to address the balance in my life back in April. And then from July onwards took on less shoots so I could get the balance back in my life. It’s been good although I’m still struggling to turn down business! Here’s to a more successful work/life balance in 2012!
- I announced a new collaboration with a personal stylist
- My baby boy turned 1 in June
- We had a couple of lovely family holidays in the UK, first to Corfe then to Whitstable….next year we’re going a bit more exotic, but the UK is great for holidays when you have small kids!
- I did some lifestyle nursery photography for the first time in July
- One of my favourite shoots of the year was the commercial shoot for My Heart and Home at the Medicine Garden in Cobham
- I ran two photography workshops for creative business people in September and taught 16 business owners how to take better photos of their lovely products
- I did a special shoot with my own family for my parents’ Ruby wedding anniversary
- I was lucky to get some great editorial coverage in the Sunday Express, Essential Esher, an interview with West London Mum and some guest blogging for Flourish Studios.
- Karl and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in October and I shared some embarrassing photos of us as kids
- I did mini sessions for the 1st time this autumn and they were a big success (and luckily the sun shined for us!)
- And finally, we had our very own family photo shoot!